Gmail is for sure not a new term for anyone who know about Google. A couple of business owners use Gmail account as their business or personal email address to receive and send mails. Although most Gmail features are alien to most Gmail users but this Gmail Offline feature is a must for everyone
Gmail Offline Feature – How to use Gmail without internet connection
What this means is that you can now check your mails, compose, delete mails on Gmail without your device connected to the Internet. This sound crazy right, or should i say amazing? Well this article has the full details on how to use Gmail offline without internet.
Everybody knows that you can only check mails if you are connected to a source of internet. And a weak or fluctuating network will leave you frustrated when you want to check your mail. The good news now is that Gmail has released a feature that will safe you all the stress of lack of internet.
Note:, before i take you through the steps of using gmail offline, I will like you to know that this feature can only be used on Google Chrome Browser. With this in mind you should know you can’t use it on a public or shared PC for security reasons.
Also, You will need a strong internet connection to set up Gmail Offline Feature before you can now start using it offline. That is have to be activated online first.
With the above in mind, below is how to set up and start using Gmail Offline on any of your device.
How to Start Using Gmail Offline
- Get the Gmail Offline App: You will have to first of all open the Gmail Offline app in the Chrome Web Store. To do this follow the steps below carefully. With your Chrome Web browser
- Visit Chrome App and select Gmail Offline.
- Click Add to Chrome > Add app.
- Next, type chrome://apps in the address bar and hit enter.
- Locate and open Gmail Offline.
- Enable Gmail Offline: You will need to enable the Gmail Offline feature the first time you open the app. You can do this by:
- Checking the Allow offline mail section and
- Click continue, with this your files will start synchronizing immediately
- Set Up App To operate Offline: You can now set up how far you can access, may be mails from few weeks ago and so on. You can also set up a email vacation responder and type in messages to respond per time. To do this:
- Tap or click on the settings icon just at the top right corner of your screen.
- Set the time frame
- Click apply and that is all.
Now that you have all things settled, lets now go into how to send receive and use gmail offline feature
How to Access and Use Gmail Offline
Click on the Menu to reveal other options such as Sent mail, draft, spam and so on just like you have in your normal Gmail account interface. Click on the Red Pen-like icon to compose mail. You can also use the search field to search for mails with in your inbox, sent draft folders.
In addition to the above, you can perform every functions you have on your Gmail right on the Gmail offline App. The only down side is that any message you compose and send will only be scheduled and delivers just when you are connected back to the internet.
I hope you find this Gmail offline feature fascinating, This app – feature is very useful when your out where you don’t have access to the internet, Maybe on the plane, while traveling, on the beach and so on. When you really want to access your mail of fetch some information from your mail.
Finally Before i conclude, I will like to take you through how to delete this app. May be you are back and you think you don’t have need og Gmail offline anymore. Below is a simple guide to help you delete Gmail Offline App or account.
How to Delete Gmail Offline
You can always remove this Gmail feature anytime and re-install it back when need be. To delete Gmail Offline app from your Chrome is very simple and direct all you have to do is to remove all locally-stored data. To do this follow the steps below.
- Click the menu button
- Select Settings, Scroll to the bottom. then
- Click Advanced and Navigate to Content Settings
- Cookies folowed by See all cookies and site data
- > Remove all.
- Finally Click Clear all to delete data.
In conclusion, Google has did a great work on this feature although so many users do not know about this amazing app. So feel free to share this article with friends and as well take advantage of Gmail Offline features whenever you know you wouldn’t have access to the internet.